Suicide attack in Kabul targets security convoy, casualties unclear

by

KABUL (Reuters) – A Taliban suicide bomber attacked a convoy of the Afghan national intelligence agency in Kabul early on Thursday, causing an unknown number of casualties, officials said.

The attack, which was claimed by the Taliban, occurred at around 5 a.m. (0030 GMT) when a car bomber targeted the convoy in the west of the city, Kabul police spokesman Hashmat Stanekzai said.

It was not immediately clear how many casualties had been caused or whether they were civilians or members of the security services. Stanekzai said four people had been killed and five wounded, while a spokesman for the ministry of public health said three wounded had been brought into city hospitals.

A Taliban statement said the attack had caused tens of casualties among the security services.

(

You may also like

1 comment

Scores killed in Kabul blast as Afghanistan reels from attacks - Middle East AffairsAugust 16, 2018 - 1:49 pm

[…] (Reuters) – A suicide blast in a mainly Shi’ite area of Kabul killed at least 48 people on Wednesday, the latest in a wave of attacks that have killed hundreds […]

Reply

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: