Tunis bombings death toll rises to two

by

TUNIS: The death toll from twin suicide bombings that rocked the Tunisian capital last week has risen to two after a civilian died of his injuries, the interior ministry said Thursday.
A policeman was killed on the spot when one of the bombers blew himself up as a police vehicle passed on the capital’s main throughfare.
Among the seven other people wounded in that attack and a second on a police station in the outskirts of Tunis, six have been discharged from hospital while a police officer has been kept in for observation, ministry spokesman Sofiene Zaag told AFP.
The militant group Daesh claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s suicide bombing in Tunis, the group’s Amaq news agency said on Thursday.

The June 27 bombings brought back memories of deadly 2015 attacks on foreign holidaymakers and security personnel that dealt a heavy blow to the country’s vital tourism industry.
The suspected mastermind was killed when he blew himself up during a police manhunt outside the capital, the ministry said on Wednesday.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: