Iran warned world powers they will not be able to negotiate a better deal than the landmark 2015 nuclear agreement, as the United States vowed the Islamic Republic will never acquire an atomic weapon.
Tehran threatened on Monday to restart deactivated centrifuges and ramp up its enrichment of uranium to 20 percent purity as its next potential big moves away from the agreement that Washington abandoned last year.
The latest war of words came the same day that Iran began enriching uranium to 4.5 percent, breaking the limit set in the 2015 agreement sealed under former president Barack Obama.
#B_Team sold @realDonaldTrump on the folly that killing #JCPOA thru #EconomicTerrorism can get him a better deal.
As it becomes increasingly clear that there won’t be a better deal, they're bizarrely urging Iran's full compliance.
There's a way out, but not with #B_Team in charge
— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) July 8, 2019
US Vice President Mike Pence said the international accord simply delayed Iran from obtaining anuclear weaponby “roughly a decade”, and gave away billions in economic relief that Iran could then use to wage “terrorist” attacks.
The US “will never allow Iran to obtain a nuclear weapon”, Pence told a pro-Israel Christian organisation on Monday.