Iran has released video footage that it says disproves a claim made by the United States that a US warship downed an Iranian drone near the Gulf.
Iran’s state television on Friday broadcast a video, provided by the country’s Revolutionary Guard, showing aerial views of ships which it said refuted the US assertion.
The television station said a drone captured the footage and that timing notations indicated the pilotless aircraft was still filming after Washington said it had been downed.
The video came shortly after US PresidentDonald Trumpsaid there was “no doubt” the US Navy had brought down an Iranian drone in the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday.
“No doubt about it, no. We shot it down,” Trump told reporters in the White House on Friday.
🔴 DO NOT MISS 🔴#IRGC releases video showing its #drone -the #US alleges to have downed-safely returning to its base after monitoring #USSBoxer before and after the vessel sailed through the Strait of #Hormuz.
— Press TV (@PressTV) July 19, 2019
Trump said the US hopes “for their sake they don’t do anything foolish. If they do they will pay a price like nobody has ever paid a price.”